The Consulate General of Afghanistan in Los Angeles issues Birth Certificates only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, the United States of America. Please note that we do not issue original birth certificates. However, the document can be considered as relief information for the date and place of birth. To apply for a birth certificate, the following are required:
- Complete and duly signed Birth Certificate Application Form. Application forms are available in three languages (Dari, Pashto and English).
- Original Tazkira, certified and attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul.
- US Passport/travel document/Green Card/US visa.
- Any other supporting documents including afghan passport ( optional)
- A fee of $10.00 in form of money order only. We do not accept cash or checks.
Note: Please fill in the Birth Certificate application online form before you come to the Consulate section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Consulate officials if a Birth Certificate has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.