The Consulate General of Afghanistan in Los Angeles issues Birth Certificates only to Afghans residing in, and applying from, the United States of America. For Birth Certificate Application for Under 12 years old, please click here Please note that we do not issue original Birth Certificates. However, the document can be considered as relief information for the date and place of birth. To apply for a Birth Certificate, the following are required:
- Appointment by ONLINE . Please ensure that the appointment is booked online prior to the arrival of the applicant.
- Application for this document by anyone over the age of 12 years must be made in person.
- Complete and duly signed Birth Certificate application form. Application forms are available in three languages (Dari, Pashto and English.
- One standard passport size photo. The photo must be both recent and have been taken with a frontal view of the face looking straight into the camera, showing both ears.
- Original documents verifying the applicant’s Afghan identity- a Tazkira that has been attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul or an Afghan passport.
- US Passport/travel document/Green Card and US visa.
- Fee: A fee of $10.00 must be paid by money order only. We do not accept cash or checks.
Note: Please fill in the Birth Certificate application online form before you come to the Consulate section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Consulate officials if a Birth Certificate has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.