Criminal Record Check (CRC)
The Consulate General carries out criminal record checks for people who have worked or resided in Afghanistan and provides a letter confirming the results. To apply for a CRC, the following are required:
- Complete and duly signed CRC application form. Application forms are available in three languages (Dari, Pashto and English) and can be accessed from the application forms section below.
- One standard passport size photo. The photo must be both recent, identical and have been taken with a frontal view of the face looking straight into the camera, showing both ears.
- Original documents- a Tazkira that has been attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul or an Afghan passport must be submitted in person.
- A valid telephone number and address. The applicant will be contacted on this number upon the completion of the check.
- A fee of $10.00 in form of money order. We do not accept cash or check.
After the receipt of an application for a CRC, the applicant’s details are sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Ministry then forwards the details on to the relevant authorities to carry out the checks. When the Ministry receives the results of the checks, they forward the results to the representation in Los Angeles and the applicant is issued with a letter confirming the results of the checks. For any further information, please contact us.
Note: Please fill in the CRC application online form before you arrive at the Consulate Section. It is also the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Consulate officials if a CRC has been previously requested. Failure to do so may result in a denial of the petition.